Today, the flag carrier announced the introduction of a grand seat raffle, a major discounted-fare promo, a “Philippines Free” international campaign, and a new loyalty program targeting the youth market. These are initial salvoes of an aggressive marketing campaign that will run over the next 12 months.
The initiatives will be formally unveiled during PAL’s 69th anniversary on Monday, March 15, 2010 at a gala dinner at the Century Park Hotel.
PAL was founded by a group of prominent Filipino industrialists on February 16, 1941. On March 15, 1941, a Beech Model 18 aircraft carrying five passengers took off from Nielson airfield in Makati bound for Baguio – a flight that earned for PAL the distinction of being Asia’s first airline.
Today, PAL is the country’s largest carrier, with a fleet of 41 all-jet aircraft that fly to 44 domestic and international destinations. Two more overseas points, Brisbane and Riyadh, join the network later this month. Last year, PAL carried more than 8.96 million passengers, an increase of 17.1% over the previous year.
“As we count down to our 70th anniversary, we want to share this milestone with people who helped us get there – our passengers and loyal patrons. They deserve credit for steadfastly supporting their airline through both favorable and difficult times,” PAL said.
The grand seat raffle covers all customers who purchase PAL revenue tickets in the Philippines and via PAL’s website, and who travel between March 16 and December 31, 2010.
A total of 16,000 winners will be chosen during nine monthly raffle draws. Prizes include free tickets for routes equivalent to those in tickets bought and flown. On March 15, 2011, PAL’s 70th anniversary, up to 3,000 lucky passengers get to travel for free.
The fares promo, known as the “Anniversary Fare Special,” features generously discounted rates on all domestic PAL routes. A flat rate of P700 on one-way flights between Manila and points in Luzon or the Visayas, and P1,700 to/from Mindanao destinations are offered. International flights are also covered by the promo; fares vary according to route.
Meanwhile, a campaign from 18 international destinations called “Philippines Free,” features free travel within the Philippines. It will be offered to passengers who travel on PAL’s international services during selected periods of the year. The sale period is between March 15 and April 7, 2010.
Another promo benefits passengers celebrating their 70th birthday between March 15 and April 15, 2010. These senior celebrants receive a free domestic ticket when a companion’s ticket is purchased for travel on the same date and route. This promo is valid for travel from May 15 to August 20, 2010.
Finally, an innovative program called the Mabuhay Miles “Y Flyer” is set to take off on Monday, March 15, 2010. With the youth comprising an increasingly active segment of the flying public, PAL has developed a product specifically for them.
The program covers passengers between the ages of two and 21 years. Current Mabuhay Miles members in this age group automatically qualify as Y Flyers. They enjoy a 10% discount off published fares, initially for PAL domestic routes.
In addition to accumulating miles by regularly flying PAL, Y Flyers also earn miles by using partner brands’ products and services. Earned miles can then be redeemed for free PAL tickets.
As an added come-on, PAL will give away 50 tickets to the March 27 “Changing Lives: Timbaland Shock Value II” concert in Manila, which features Justin Timberlake and Jojo.
The free tickets will go to Y Flyers who register as members and purchase tickets on March 16 at selected PAL ticket offices – Makati, Cubao, Manila (Padre Faura), SM Cebu and Davao.
More exciting promotional activities will be announced in the coming weeks and months as PAL gears up for its 70th anniversary next year.
For more details, visit www.philippineairlines.com or call PAL reservations at (02) 855-8888.
Entry Credit: Philippine Airlines Website
New round trip economy promotional fare from Brisbane to Manila for AUD 694 (XBNE14D) exclusive of taxes and surcharges, and taxes that are to be collected at the airport.
Travelling Period: 18 March to 10 April 2010 (for OUTBOUND TRAVEL)
Selling and Ticketing Period: 25 February to 31 March 2010
Available at www.philippineairlines.com or visit PAL ticket office or travel agent.
Conditions of Travel:
- Valid for round trip travel on Fiesta (economy) class
- Minimum stay of 4 days and maximum of 14 days stay
- Confirmed reservations are required for all sectors
- Rebooking is permitted at a charge of AUD 50 per transaction
- Re issuance fee at a charge of AUD 50
- Refunds: Before departure- charge AUD250
After departure - Ticket is non-refundable
- Child/infant discount
Accompanied Child 2-11 years old -75% of the fare
Unaccompanied Child 8-11 years old - 100% of the fare
Infant under 2 with a seat - 75% of the fare
Infant Under 2 without a seat - 10% of the fare
New round trip economy promotional fares between Manila and Jakarta or Sngapore.
Valid for sale through the internet only.
Travelling Period: 25 February to 30 June 2010 (for OUTBOUND TRAVEL)
Book and buy your tickets now!! Hurry! Limited seats only! Conditions of Travel:
Jakarta - valid for PR535/536
Singapore - valid for PR501/505/502/506
Infant fare with seat is 100% and for without seat is 50% of the adult fare
Book and buy your tickets now!! Hurry! Limited seats only!
Conditions of Travel:
Entry Credit: www.philippineairlines.com
Philippine Airlines continuously evaluates system processes to offer better internet services to its customers.
This survey aims to understand the satisfaction level of the customers using the PAL website and learn their specific needs. It will take 10 to 20 minutes to accomplish.
Completing the survey qualifies you to win one of the ten round-trip Fiesta Class tickets between Manila and any PAL domestic online destination of your choice.
Take the survey now!
Detailed Promo Mechanics:
- The PAL Website Audit Online Survey will run from 08 February to 07 March 2010. Only completed survey within the prescribed period are qualified to join.
- The Online Survey is open to all who finished and submitted (online) the survey answers. Employees of Philippine Airlines, its advertising/PR agencies, and its accredited service providers including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the Promo.
- Deadline of accomplishing the PAL Online Survey is on 07 March 2010.
- Each respondent is assigned to a number, which will be raffled via electronic draw.
- Winners shall be notified via email based on the e-mail address submitted by the respondent.
- Ten (10) Travel Certificates shall be awarded to the winners with one-year validity from the date of "electronic draw." (The Travel Certificate bears the terms and conditions of travel and procedures in claiming the ticket.)
- Philippine Airlines reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of Philippine Airlines. All decisions made by Philippine Airlines pertaining to the Promo will be deemed final and irrevocable.
- This promotion is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Philippine Airlines’ flight Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes can be claimed from PAL Advertising & Promotions Sub-department. Please call 777-5929 for details. Winners shall present a valid ID when claiming their prize.
- Representatives of winners are allowed to claim the prizes as long as they meet the above requirements and bring a valid authorization letter with signature.