For your comfort and satisfaction, you can get choice seats located at the exit rows or bulk head seats area. These preferred seating may be reserved subject to applicable Choice Economy Seat Surcharge (CESS).
When making your reservation, you may request for a choice seat. If a reservation has already been made, you may likewise request for a choice seat by providing your Booking Reference Number. This service is offered on the following flights, subject to availability and the following rates:
USD 50 - USA/Canada/Australia/Saudi Arabia
USD 20 - Regional (Except Japan flights and Korea flights)
All payments shall be made at the airport upon check-in. However, in compliance with Philippine Civil Air Regulations, confirmation for exit row seats will only be finalized at the airport as the passenger will still be subject to screening by check-in agents to verify whether passenger is able-bodied and/or qualified to be seated on an exit row.
* Above fees are on one-way basis.
* Available at point of reservations.
* For exit row seats, passenger must be physically capable and willing to perform emergency actions, as well as be able to familiarize himself with emergency evacuation techniques outlined on the written safety instructions. Otherwise, PAL reserves the right to release the exit-row previously reserved, to another able-bodied passenger.
* For B777 aircraft, the entire row 31 wil not be blocked for CESS. The entire row will be controlled by the airport and will not be offered at point of reservations and ticketing as these seats are reserved for wheelchair passengers. However, such will be offered at the airport when there are no wheelchair passengers, and will be assesed the corresponding CESS.
* Choice seats are available on all PAL operated flights except between Japan and Manila and between Tokyo and Cebu (direct flight only); between Manila and Seoul/Pusan and only for economy class passengers regardless of the Reservations Booking Designator (RBD) where they are booked. When passenger routing involves beyond routings e.g. Sydney-Manila-Tokyo, the Sydney to Manila will be assessed the CESS but the Manila to Tokyo will not be assesed.
* Only ticketed PNR/s (passenger name record) will be accommodated and will qualify to avail of the CESS.
* Airport is authorized to release the choice economy seat 1 hour before Estimated Time of Departure (ETD). On a full flight, airport will apply current procedures.
* Airport will issue Official receipt.
Note: Payment will not be accepted at the Ticket Offices
* CESS is not transferrable.
* In cases of rebooking, passenger will need to coordinate with PAL, and will not be automatically be reserved the same seat.
Note: Rebooking shall only take place during flight cancellations and disruptions at the airport, and the passenger does not want to push through with his/her flight.
* For check thru passengers, CESS shall be collected at check-in at point of origin.
* If passenger is bumped off on the connecting flight, he shall be entitled to the outright refund of the CESS for cash payments. For credit card payments, such should be submitted to Refunds Section for refund processing.
* No refund for no show at the gate, voluntary changes and cancellation.
* Outright refund for aircraft changes for cash payments. For credit card payments, such should be submitted to the Refunds Section for refund processing.
* PAL reserves the right to refuse the seating accomodation reserved or purchased and refund CESS accordingly, if a person with disability needs a bulkhead seat.
* Due to safety reasons, a person with a disability cannot use the bulkhead seat when the bulkhead row is also an exit row.
* PAL reserves the right to deny seating on the exit row should it have any doubt on the passenger’s fitness, without prejudice to refund of the CESS paid.
The following passengers are exempted from the CESS:
1. Adult with infant (first adult only) and children below 12 years old who is part of the traveling party.
2. Mabuhay Million Milers
3. For a person with a disability traveling with a service animal, PAL will provide, as the passenger requests, either a bulkhead seat or a seat other than a bulkhead seat in the same class of service.
4. For a person with a disability with a fused or immobilized leg, PAL will provide a bulkhead seat or other seat that provides greater legroom than other seats, on the same class of service and on the side of an aisle that better accommodate’s the passenger’s disability.
5. Other cases requiring special handling. Selected seats may be reassigned to passengers with certain categories of disability.
6. Non-revenue PAL employees and their qualified dependents.
Entry Credit: http://www.philippineairlines.com